Building stands for multiple tanks???

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Is it bad that I already have the urge to scrap half of this project, move my 40s to the bottom rack and get rid of everything else, cut the top rack off, make the second level a bit taller and put a huge 14 foot tank on the stand instead? (Or two 7 footers)

Just a thought though. Probably would take another 6 months of planning
14' tank? Whos building that? Whos producing glass or acrylic panels 168"+? To be clear i fully support this aversion but just doubtful as to how....plywood maybe?

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
14' tank? Whos building that? Whos producing glass or acrylic panels 168"+? To be clear i fully support this aversion but just doubtful as to how....plywood maybe?
I was thinking a plywood with multiple panels.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I was thinking a plywood with multiple panels.
Right. One of the most-crackpot ideas in my sketchbook is a huge plywood-fiberglass tank with tons of windows varying in size from different tanks ive salvaged over the years. I have an abundance of odd shape and sized glass panels laying around lol. Ambitious and altogether impractical but the possibilities are endless as long as your ambition and bank account hold out. thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter pulls stunts like this on the regular though lol.

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
you can order custom sizes. its not cheap tho. alot of very large tanks have pannels bonded together to save money. not easy to see if done right.

Reactions: jjohnwm

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
i feel it LOL. i told my wife i was building a 180. it turned into a 320 without her knowing. im luckey she doesnt know how to use a measuring tape
Hey, you're a fellow Canuck, so I'm sure you know the game. We can play around with inches, centimeters, gallons, liters, Celsius, Fahrenheit, pounds, kilograms...I like to keep my wife's head spinning a little at all times. It makes adding or removing tanks much easier and more stress-free. :)

I knew the metric system had to be good for something...:)

Reactions: LukeOscar

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Got a better idea, how about 2 125s? I think that would fit perfectly, and not put me through the hassle of building a 14 foot tank (or 125s from scratch). I'm talking the 72x18x21 "125"s (actually about 118 gallons), since they'd fit on my rack perfectly given the existing dimensions. All I'd have to do is make the mid level of my rack a bit taller and hack off (carefully unscrew) the top rack. I think the whole "get rid of 8 tanks" idea would bode well with my dad.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Got clearance for the 125s 🥳

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
It begins... Every tank I'm not keeping has been emptied
Well all but one but that's holding the fish that's waiting for a 125 (not pictured below)

Ignore the condition of the one 40 with the cyano, it happens

Snapchat-731990590.jpg

Snapchat-480632752.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store