Bulkhead sizing

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Those will work...With rays and other large fish I just run a 90° elbow pointed up off my 1.5" drains. Works really well. If you want to raise the water level in the tank just add a short piece of pvc. I've also sawed notches in pvc to creat teeth like a weir. That works well if you have smaller fish that could get sucked in

Lukemitchell

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2017
Tamworth
Those will work...With rays and other large fish I just run a 90° elbow pointed up off my 1.5" drains. Works really well. If you want to raise the water level in the tank just add a short piece of pvc. I've also sawed notches in pvc to creat teeth like a weir. That works well if you have smaller fish that could get sucked in
Ahh good idea thanks for the info, could I take the boxes away from around the pipes as someone before added some sort of silver wrap inside and it's all cracked and looks awful?

Lukemitchell

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2017
Tamworth
Don't suppose anyone knows of a place that sells quality bulkheads in the UK ? I need 2 x 1.5" and 2x 1" bulkheads.
Thanks

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Try ebay or amazon. Usually good deals on there. I usually use the common type made of abs. When you cement them with pvc cement just hold them a bit longer than you would for normal pvc to pvc connection. The pvc cement is a strong solvent on abs so it takes longer to cure. I hold them for about 1 minute.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store