Reactions: DMD123 and Deadeye

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Are these wild or cb bumblebee?
wetspot says wild
Wet Spot does say wild but based on behavior I really wonder… Ive raised other wild caught fish including oscars and never had this much response and interaction. There always seemed to be just a wariness that didn’t go away. This little guy is very outgoing, so in nature would be one of the early ones to get picked off and ate, lol.

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
Great looking guy!! 90 will be perfect. Will be curious if he lets anything else live. I had 8 clowns with Vader in a 120. He initially killed one, like an offering and then let the others alone. ?

Reactions: DMD123 and Deadeye

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Great looking guy!! 90 will be perfect. Will be curious if he lets anything else live. I had 8 clowns with Vader in a 120. He initially killed one, like an offering and then let the others alone. ?
He is currently in a 65B until I can sell off my last trimac that is currently in the 90. Im tempted just to do the tank swap now but that also involves some changes in substrate I want to make, so not quick and easy. As to tankmates, he currently is with a small L001 gold spot pleco. Ive seen him 'watch' the pleco becasue he knows if the pleco is on the gravel then food is near. So he kind of follows the poor thing around a lot. There is some light tail fin tears on the pleco which could be the oscar but even when solo this little pleco always seemed to fray its own tail, thats a head scratcher. I have a 5" or so bristle nosed pleco in the 90 currently that Im tempted to leave when the Oscar goes in the 90. Its a hider so likely okay. Been tempted to try a small schooling fish just for fun... well maybe not fun for them.

Reactions: Deadeye

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
My current set up has the Bumblebee Oscar in my lower right 65B and the trimac I need to rehome is in the upper left 90 gallon. Excuse the old pic, many of the fish are different than in this one.

Anyway the oscar is doing very well in a lower tank, this has not been the case with a lot of my fish. Many (esp. amphs) Ive raised have been very skittish when in these lower tanks. They dont like the movement above them and freak out. So far so good with the Oscar.

The tank I want to move him to in the upper left has its fair share of "issues". I call this one "cursed" because there is something about it that fish tend to be skittish in it. This one I want to swap out the dark substrate to a lighter. The current trimac has no real issue in this tank but a few other that were in there acted weird. The hope is that the oscar finds this upper tank okay. He is pretty outgoing and does not spook easily so will see when I make that transition.

IMG_20210731_140917995.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store