Burmese Clouded Blythii Archerfish Beauties

FireMedic

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
Middle of somewhere, Oulu Wisconsin
(It has been years since I was really active on MFK, I miss the community so here I am, back at it)
Call them by any of the names listed and you still find yourself staring into some of the most dazzling patterns any Archerfish can offer.

My seven strong school was purchased at Forest Lakes Pets @$20 each approximately, I forgot. I have not encouraged the classic Archer spit, the tank lighting would not fare well.

Hikari cichlids gold, vibra bites, carnivore sinking wafers, frozen krill and frozen blood worm....oh, and the random house fly...round out the food.

Tankmates you ask? Seven Yo Yo Loaches, five Hillstream Loaches, a male cherry barb, 27 Florida Flagfish mostly adults (They are breeding like rabbits), six banded/striped barbs, three clown barbs, a flying fox, a bumblebee cat and a very cheeky bamboo shrimp.

Oh, but what about tank size? Filtration and pump? 125 gallon main tank with 75 gallon wet/dry sump and a turnover rate of 4.5 times an hour. Moderately planted main tank with Vallis, Sword and Java Fern. Tank is drilled with two returns and one overflow.

Lighting cycle is a timer set for a 10 hour day at brightest settings then a three low light to pitch black cycle.
So here are some photos to enjoy.
By the way I truly appreciate the hobby and will help anyone with anything if you are in need of sound advice. I don’t BS, I simply share my experience and failures. Years ago I was really good at the stingray thing but I have kiddos now ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Great looking tank and fishes. How long have you had the archers?
I remember you you from ray days. Good to see you back.

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Wow, wow, wow

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
I was messing around with my iPhone making a video and trying to post it.
You will need to post to youtube first and then share the link

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store