Burundi Frontosa with split stripe?

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
thanks, yah I thought a picture might help with the description of what it was. He turned out to a nice front despite that. =]

cichlidgirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
upstate ny
addicted2cichlids;1701336; said:
i should of took a pic of it but it did look like the top pic. if you looked at it from the top it looked like the letter "Y" and thats how it was attached. right now the five are a dim blue color with some split fins and really sketchy. they were housed with a severum so more than likely they were his punching bag.
most of them just hide behind the rocks. do yall think theyll stay traumatized and hide all the time cause in time theyre gonna go in a 200 once its situated (cycled).

They should relax soon. THey are very shy fish sometimes. I find it helps when i get a new front to bribe them with food. I dont use alot of food, more like snack amount, just a mouthful. I feed it several times a day for a couple days. I like to use krill or a pellet that they really love. After a couple days im not the scary monster anymore but the treat lady !! Then they brighten right up and are not so nervous in the tank. I dont know why this works but it seems to for me. My fish have all been juvies so im not sure how it would work on a older fish, i noticed many older bigger fish will go off their food when they are brought to a new home or tank. Cant hurt to test it.

I also find when the fish is nervous it helps to stick in some extra fake plants and rocks/driftwood etc.. It gives them some extra cover to hide in and feel secure. When they do this i also try to turn the tank lights on for a couple hours a day then shut them off so the fish feels like coming out of his hiding area if he wants, the light can sometimes make them feel exposed, especially in a bare or sparsly decorated tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store