Buttofekeri

Nathan1989

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2019
I have a 13inch male butterkofferi added to my 5 ft tank which has a 10 inch wild caught oscar in it along with silver dollars. The butti is showing no signs of agression but the oscar is being a pain. The butti is twice the width and twice as tall is this a matter of the butti just getting used to the set up as the oscar has been established in the tank since 3 inches.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have a 13inch male butterkofferi added to my 5 ft tank which has a 10 inch wild caught oscar in it along with silver dollars. The butti is showing no signs of agression but the oscar is being a pain. The butti is twice the width and twice as tall is this a matter of the butti just getting used to the set up as the oscar has been established in the tank since 3 inches.
It's a matter of time that will change when the Butti settles in. The Oscar will be in harms way if the Butti gets aggressive.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
be ready to move the butti out.. imo those 2 fish in a 5 ft tank is a time bomb...i hate to be the bearer of future bad news.. you want something that will work , try sevs, eartheaters or acara's.. even a gt *might* work...

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
You probably need to decide if you want a single buttikoferi or the fish you already have. The butti will kill the other fish at some point. That’s about as certain as death n taxes

Nathan1989

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2019
You guys were bang on they got on for a week but woke up this morning the butti has redecorated the tank and given the the oscar a good beating ? I was hoping they would get along but deep down I knew the outcome

IMG-20200921-WA0000.jpg

Reactions: tarheel96
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store