Buying and setting up a freshwater stingray tank

Storm0107

Feeder Fish
Dec 1, 2019
Hey Guys. So I'm new here. I've been really fascinated with freshwater stingray and I plan on buying a few soon. I'll be going with an 8x4x2 tank with a 5x2x2 sump holding K1 media. Any suggestions on what could be better?
Also the most important things is, does anyone know any trusted sites online in the Asia region to ship stingrays to India? I live in Bombay and dont like the quality of the Rays here. Also the choice is very limited. Was looking to purchase 2 BDs and 2 Marble motoro. Any suggestions are welcome.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Filtration sounds good. Mech before the k1?
Dont know anything about that area of the world in regards to purchasing fish.
Welcome btw!

Reactions: Matteus

Storm0107

Feeder Fish
Dec 1, 2019
Filtration sounds good. Mech before the k1?
Dont know anything about that area of the world in regards to purchasing fish.
Welcome btw!
Yes there will be 30 ppi sponge and some filter floss. I was also thinking about adding filter socks. But my main concern is buying the fish.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
G Galantspeedz islandguy11 islandguy11 lives asia and might have some input. headbanger_jib headbanger_jib youre the master of fish in india.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
i use pumice stone as my main bio media with some bio rods and a bag of coral chips (total about 15kg estimated)

for mech filter, some chinese mat (clogs easily), coarse sponge and then filter floss

80% water change weekly.

i don't buy online so can't advise. the most i did was to go thailand and brought a pair back

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store