C.A./S.A. with a lot of personality

Mad About Cichlids

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2004
Twin Cities, MN
Though i have always have at least one Amphilophus species at all time. Most personable fish was a sub adult male Umbee back in the days, he was always constantly cruising up and down the tank looking for attention.

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Although not an CA/SA, Polleni are by far the most interactive species I've ever kept. They mind as well be CA/SA with their huge personalities.

Reactions: Vukmir13

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Doh, never read that part, obviously butti arnt either...
Polleni are alot like Oscars ime

Reactions: Vukmir13

Circa4190

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Carmel, Indiana
I've had good luck with Oscars. My two that I have now, Slim Shady and OJ (Named after OJ Simpson because he's murderous scum and gets away with it.) have the most personality out of any of the fish I've kept over the years. My True Festae is up there as well, she's an absolute ******* and I love her.

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
I've had good luck with Oscars. My two that I have now, Slim Shady and OJ (Named after OJ Simpson because he's murderous scum and gets away with it.) have the most personality out of any of the fish I've kept over the years. My True Festae is up there as well, she's an absolute ******* and I love her.
Haha that was very well put. I also enjoyed my Oscars. But as of right now I'm attempting a lightly planted natural tank for the 75 gallon therefore I can't really keep any large earth movers like Oscars or festae. Though I did have a festae for a short time before I started planting the tank and he/she passed for reasons unbeknownst to me

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
Haha that was very well put. I also enjoyed my Oscars. But as of right now I'm attempting a lightly planted natural tank for the 75 gallon therefore I can't really keep any large earth movers like Oscars or festae. Though I did have a festae for a short time before I started planting the tank and he/she passed for reasons unbeknownst to me
So your looking for something personable but will be fine with plants in a 75. Thats a tough one. Maybe a severum?

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
My very first jag was awesome.

My very first Grammode was also amazing personality wise. He was only 2.5" but he would already puff up and flare at me when I sat in front of his tank. He was one of the coolest little fish I ever kept but he just took forever to grow and was super picky with his food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store