Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2012
Arlington, WA
alright let's see i'm going to do a profile on the first cichlid i ever owned

SCIENTIFIC NAME: Crenicichla Sp. Venezuela
COMMON NAME: Black Line Pike Cichlid, Venezuela(n) Pike Cichlid
SIZE: 14-20in.
TANK SIZE: me personally would recommend a 180g or more with other fish or breeding pair but a 150g should be plenty for a single male and 125g for a single female
pH: 5.0-6.8
TEMPERATURE: 72-85° F
NOTES:
The Venezuela Pike Cichlid is the largest member of the Lugubris group and they are extremely fast and powerful, some say they are vary aggressive mine just wants the tank under his control and usually quite docile and brakes up fights among the other cichlids i have him with

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Cryptotherus sp. cuatepeque

Common names: Cuatepeque Convict

Size: Females:3" Males:5"
This species is relatively unknown to the hobby. Since they are very closely related to convicts the full size and growth rate will be quite similar.

Distribution: Lake Cuatepeque (qua-te-pek-e) in San Salvador
I've been to lake cuatepeque many times. The lake was formed by a volcano, the crater being the lake.

Min Tank Size: For a solo fish a 29 should do. A 29 could also house a pair. My group of 6 lives in a 120. Spoiled little brats :D

Diet:C.cuatepeque is not picky at all. Meaty foods and a high quality pellet as a staple works great. My group enjoys nls, bloodworms, brine shrimp, and live blackworms.

Over View: C.cuatepeque is a very interactive fish with a great personality. They can be kept with a wide variety of fish from geophagus to larger cichlids. Mine have lived with guinecara, various catfish, a small giant gourami, and even my stingray without a problem. I highly recommend these fun little fish.

willyb1972020

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Delawere
Cryptotherus sp. cuatepeque

Common names: Cuatepeque Convict

Size: Females:3" Males:5"
This species is relatively unknown to the hobby. Since they are very closely related to convicts the full size and growth rate will be quite similar.

Distribution: Lake Cuatepeque (qua-te-pek-e) in San Salvador
I've been to lake cuatepeque many times. The lake was formed by a volcano, the crater being the lake.

Min Tank Size: For a solo fish a 29 should do. A 29 could also house a pair. My group of 6 lives in a 120. Spoiled little brats :D

Diet:C.cuatepeque is not picky at all. Meaty foods and a high quality pellet as a staple works great. My group enjoys nls, bloodworms, brine shrimp, and live blackworms.

Over View: C.cuatepeque is a very interactive fish with a great personality. They can be kept with a wide variety of fish from geophagus to larger cichlids. Mine have lived with guinecara, various catfish, a small giant gourami, and even my stingray without a problem. I highly recommend these fun little fish.

Do you javelin more info on this fish ph,temp,hardness. Can't find anything online keeps taking me to hrp's.

Cichlasomniac

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 14, 2014
Woodstock, Ontario,Canada
Paraneetroplus synspilus , Vieja Synspum
Common name: redhead ,fire head , Quetzel cichlid .
Distribution :Central American lakes and rivers
Size: Females around the 12" males 15"
Habitat: clear to silty slow moving waters with rocky or sandy bottoms. Prefer water logged wood and branches to dwell in.
Diet: Omnivore feeds on fallen fruit, insects and plant matter. Captive species do well on pellets, bloodworms or even fresh halved zucchini as a treat.
Ph: tolerable of 7.2-8.2
Pic 1: juvenile Pic 2 : Adult

vieja-synspilum.jpg

80.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store