Calling All you Severum Fans.................

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
ryansmith83;4802966; said:
All my severums decided to get in my way while I was trying to take pictures of my psittacus. Here is my male notatus with a male turquoise in the background. Apologies for the flash and my hand in the picture... I wasn't expecting them to swim in front of the camera!
Looking good! Is he still the player he used to be? ;)

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
peathenster;4804248; said:
Looking good! Is he still the player he used to be? ;)
I don't know; I took all his females away. lol. I'm thinking of pairing him with one of the F1 females I got from Jeff. They have really outstanding fins and great shape, and the wild females look a bit rough. I want to eventually move them into a separate tank away from other severums. I'm thinking of putting them in the new 150g with some blue angels I'm supposed to be getting... ;)

Mako58

Feeder Fish
Feb 13, 2011
suffolk, ny
Hey all you severumexperts! :) I could use a little advice...one of my severums (quarantined in a 29 h) has severe (no punintended) eye fungus for about a week now. I started using Melafix (5ml per 10 gals.) And no changes yet in his condition..(started treatment 2 days ago..also added salt and raised the temp to 82) ..Is this the way to treat eye fungus efficiently? Other methods? I would hate to lose this beautiful fish.
Thanks, John

ilikeb00st

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
TBD
instead of starting a new thread, I hope I can get some help here. I notice 2 of my gold severums were locking lips this morning. kinda like kissing gouramis. Doesn't seem to be aggressive behavior, the were just holding each others mouth and swims back and forth...kinda interesting. Also after a while one started chasing the other and swims in pair. Both are only about 3.5-4 inches tho. Any idea why? seems to be too young to breed. thanks for the help

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
Those are some chunky notatus! How do they do with your pikes? It looks like you have Lents... Wondering if that combo will work out for me or if I'll have to move my notatus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store