Can a adult piranha stay with small piranhas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I would wait until the young guys put on some more size just to be safe. They grow super fast.
I’m sure it could be done, but piranhas don’t know the difference between food and other piranhas, regardless of size.

A&A

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2020
Can a adult piranha stay with baby piranha..!!
I have 3 inch 4 rb piranhas.can I keep it with a 7 inch Rb piranha?
The chances of that being successful are pretty small in my opinion. How piranhas will acclimate and how teritorial they will be can be pretty unpredictable. Size of tank would play a big role in the chance of it working out. Stick with the 4 juveniles and enjoy them if they are getting along well. They will be 7" in no time. After that the growth begins to slow a bit.

savage5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2018
In India piranhas are illegal and very rare to get.I had 4 small rbp..I was searching for a big guy for so long and finally a guy contacted me.!I really want to buy the big piranha bt dont know what to do!will I give it a try?

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Illegal without a permit or in general?

Piranhas grow like weeds. I wouldn’t risk the 4 you have for one large one.

A&A

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2020
In India piranhas are illegal and very rare to get.I had 4 small rbp..I was searching for a big guy for so long and finally a guy contacted me.!I really want to buy the big piranha bt dont know what to do!will I give it a try?
Get another tank

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Inch per month until 6 inches. Then it typically slows down considerably to 1-2 per year.
I just want to point out that getting caught owning illegal fish can have serious consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store