Can a broken water heater kill an Arowana?

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
jlnguyen74;4741607; said:
I'm pretty sure the fish were fine until the moment you touched the water. You completed the circuit. You "electrocuted" all your fish! :D
if you say so, why he can complete the circuit if water didn't conduct the electricity ? and if the water can conduct the electricity, then it already is a complete circuit with the fish inside !

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
CLDarnell;4742191; said:
Most "near water" outlets are GF protected. Here in the US, the only fused plugs I can think of are some Christmas lights lol.
I can see it in the kitchen, bathrooms, and outside the house !

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
goestonemoa;4742230; said:
well your definetly a good friend if you replace it,

there is a guy who freeze dries your fish here maybe some one does the same where you live and you guys could have him mounted
X2
I have seen some people keep their dead aro in the freezer so they can always remember them !

ar0wan

Epistemologist
MFK Member
May 4, 2007
Austin, Tx
HungDang;4742211; said:
pure water(H2O) is not a conductor, but water with some other thing in it is a good conductor...
..there always has to be one
and while we're splitting hairs
you can put a cigarette out in Diesel fuel

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
HungDang;4742242; said:
X2
I have seen some people keep their dead aro in the freezer so they can always remember them !
That for crazy people the same with people who stuff pets

Just put your dead pets to rest and show them some respect not keep them in the freezer or on the wall like some kind of trophy

doods

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
Saudi Arabia
T1KARMANN;4743328; said:
That for crazy people the same with people who stuff pets

Just put your dead pets to rest and show them some respect not keep them in the freezer or on the wall like some kind of trophy
It ain't that crazy bro, maybe with the furry animals it is, but with the fish, it ain't that bad, specially with the arowana, they look good hanging by the wall. It's something to remind you about what not to do next time or just to see it still there even if its dead. hmmm creepy :D

anyway I still prefer a monster fish hanging in the wall rather than a furry animal. IMO

ausarow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2008
australia
hungden, i think what jinguyen meant was that the water was live with current and at the time when he got a shock he had made the earth to the ground via his body as the conductor. as in the fish was maybe alive till the grounding/zap happened.

all possible but if a heater turned off by breaking or having a power out then maybe the same death would have occurred.

ausarow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2008
australia
to the guy that visions he is floating in a pool of water and someone throws a live wire in. yes you will be shocked dead.
pools of water are grounded. so the live wire will be touching the water, then the electricity will go through you on the way to seeking the ground.
do not try this for research.
i think its important for people to know a little about electricity and water and not to be confused about it. i have been locked onto by an exposed wire on a dodgey extension lead for atleast 15 seconds and there is very little you can do about it once it happens so please peoples, do be careful. i was hugely fortunate to get out of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store