CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS? aqueon 150 watt aquarium heater problems

supanic4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Michigan
so i have Aqueon 150 watt aquarium heater in my 40 gallon tank and ever since i did a water change today the heater has not turned back on. I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, turning it up to full heat and after both of those attempts to fix it i waited for roughly 1 hour and still the light that indicates the heater is on has not turned on... please help I really don't want to go buy a new one tonight haha...any suggestions??

Sheldon_Goldwing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2011
Alexandria, MN
I had a similar probelm. I turned in my Strealth at Pet Smart and got the same Aqueon heater. It was red and on but was not warming up my water. (37 gallon) I put my hand on it and not even warm. My Stealth would have burned my hand. I closed up the room and added a heater. couple hours later hardly any movement on the guage. I went to bed hoping the room heater would work. got up early and it was at tempature. It took a VERY long time to heat. - I want my stealth back!

johnny roastbeef

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2007
connectiut
Consider the heater dead. Dont mess with a temperamental heater, especially in a system with only 1. If it doesnt go back on the tank will get too cold, and if it gets stuck on, you might have dead fish in no time. If there is a problem with the thermostat, you can never guess in which mode it will get stuck.

Reactions: dr exum

supanic4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Michigan
thanks for the responses and yes i figured spending another 30 on a replacement heater was worth the lives of my little fronts haha...gotta new one installed and hopefully Aqeuon's lifetime warranty is legit...has anyone taken advantage of that before? and if so how did you do it? thanks.

Mastiffman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
MI.
TropheusAndMore.com
supanic4;4950858; said:
thanks for the responses and yes i figured spending another 30 on a replacement heater was worth the lives of my little fronts haha...gotta new one installed and hopefully Aqeuon's lifetime warranty is legit...has anyone taken advantage of that before? and if so how did you do it? thanks.
To be competely honest.... I have had nothing But Good Luck with Aquaclear Submersible heaters! They are quality Heaters with quality heating elements in them...

Rid_Ether

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Ship the old one back to Aqueon. They will ship you a new one. I have had nothing but bad luck with Aqueon heaters. It killed one of my fish, heated the tank to boiling. I just do not trust Aqueon Heaters. Save your shipping fee $$$ and try a different higher quality brand.

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Ship the old one back to Aqueon. They will ship you a new one. I have had nothing but bad luck with Aqueon heaters. It killed one of my fish, heated the tank to boiling. I just do not trust Aqueon Heaters. Save your shipping fee $$$ and try a different higher quality brand.
It's 2020 now. I think the warranty is well expired.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store