Can crickets be bred outside?

Kye0001

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2018
If you put soil in the bottom they’ll lay their eggs in it. I use the gel crystals so they have plenty of moisture without drying out. Mine have bred in the bioactive bearded dragon viv which is great as I can use the babies for anole food. Been trying to breed them in a big tub as food and a couple of hideaways must have bred in his viv. They like it hot and if you give them plenty of ventilation and hiding places they should breed.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Masterpiece_bydesign

Feeder Fish
Jun 14, 2018
I fed mine carrots until they turn orange then fed them to my fish and reptiles..

watermelon leftovers.for liquid

becareful outside... raccoons and other animals will we smell the crickets

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
You've gotten some poor advice and then some good tips. All fruits and veggies are fine to feed to them. I've always added some pellet or flake fish food for them too. I always feed carrots because its suppose to help with color. A plastic bottle lid filled with some water for them works well too. I followed something along these lines when I was breeding them. Room temperature has always worked for me. There are also YouTube vids on what to do as well. https://www.petmd.com/reptile/nutrition/evr_rp_raising_breeding_crickets

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store