can i add more?

Nicksplosion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
New Jersey
i completely understand everyone's concerns. and i promise i AM getting a 75 im not just saying that. the summer is the latest im getting it. and when i do get the 75 i plan on keeping the 2 FMs in the 30 as their own tank and hope they breed. as for the sunny, he will be in my pond. (if my parents keep their word and actually do it!:irked:)

le patron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
USA
sorry man but i have to point it out- do you know how big the fish you have get? JDs get 16" firemouths reach 8" and most sunnies reach a foot. you are already overstocked and your 75g wont be big enough for them either. i used to be just like you, and dont take offense to this, i got easily addicted to the hobby and wanted to buy more and more, because im naturally impulsive but i controlled it after getting my 10g and realized that unless i make a ton of money, im not going to get all the fish i want. this isnt meant to offend, but think about your fish and their health and happiness before you think of your own desires. btw i have a 30g too :D

Nicksplosion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
New Jersey
thanks everyone for the advice. im not gunna get anymore fish. after talking it over with my mom she says i can get the tank in the spring. now to convince her i need a 150!:D

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
I wouldn't add more, especially considering the fact that with multiples of the same species you face the possiblity of conspecific aggression, and of course possible breeding, both which can cause aggression problems

oscarcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2008
Houston, TX/Juneau, AK
Nicksplosion;2623925; said:
thanks everyone for the advice. im not gunna get anymore fish. after talking it over with my mom she says i can get the tank in the spring. now to convince her i need a 150!:D
Good idea!!! Good luck getting that 150, it's a monster of a tank if your parents are really into the hobby.

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
le patron;2623824; said:
sorry man but i have to point it out- do you know how big the fish you have get? JDs get 16"
Dude, that would have to be a world record. A little bigger than half of that is average. Bigger than 10" is a big JD. I also don't think I'd say most sunnys reach a foot. There are a few that will hit 12" or a little bigger, but some don't get much over 5.

I think a pair of dempseys in a 75 gallon, maybe with some fast, cheap dither/target fish would be fine stocking. Just the FMs in a 30 would be ok as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store