Can I take my coconut crabs from Hawaii to California

Shark on krak

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Hi, so I was wondering if I could take my coconut crabs out of Hawaii to California. Is there a way to ship them or take baby's on plane?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I have done the research myself and this is NOT legal. Do not take a coconut crab.

Reactions: tlindsey

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Hi, so I was wondering if I could take my coconut crabs out of Hawaii to California. Is there a way to ship them or take baby's on plane?
You have a coconut crab? They are protected. And no you can't take it to cali you can't take anything to cali. Its all illegal there as it will cause cancer. Ive heard coconut crabs are very tasty. You may want to look up recipes before the government comes and takes them and euthanizes them. At least if they are big enough you could treat them to a crab boil when the authorities show up. Might be good enough to allow them to wave the pending fines/jail time.

Shark on krak

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
So I don't as u can say "own" them but I have a spot near my friends house that has tons. Coconut crabs are invasive in Hawaii as far as I know.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Doesn’t matter, it’s illegal and for good reasons. Do not think about even taking a single coconut crab. Even if you find a dead one and want to take it back for whatever reason.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store