Can Kenyi and Placidochromis Milomo breed?

Sylverclaws

Feeder Fish
May 12, 2016
I'm not breeding them, I'm just curious.

I ended up rescuing a large cichlid someone had dumped(literally in the sink) at a petshop a couple weeks ago, and nobody knew what he was. They thought he was a hybrid peacock. Well, he's not. lol Anyways, I've had him QT'd for about a week and a half, and he wouldn't eat. Thought he was lonely so I put my largest and most docile female in with him, which happened to be my female m. Lombardoi(Kenyi), thinking they can't interbreed, but I find ZERO info on it. He started dancing with her, and finally ate too. Unfortunately she would not respond to his attempts the way he wanted, so he got nasty and I removed her. Back to being a lonely bachelor, which I heard they prefer unless breeding...

I know Haps and Peacocks can, but can Haps, Specifically the one named, breed with Kenyi or any Mbuna for that matter?

Photo of my rescue...I'm trying to find him a nice group of girls, no luck! Found one place selling fry only though, but this one is around 8 inches, that'd probably be a disaster.

Hap Cichlid Day 2 edited.JPG

Sylverclaws

Feeder Fish
May 12, 2016
Hrm. Nadda, eh? I can't seem to find info on that anywhere. lol Oh well, if anyone ever finds out, let me know!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store