Can somebody ID this guy?

djbvaranus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2012
Orange County NY
So it’s labeled as a Jardini, looks like a Jardini, but he seems too light and green colored. Just a colorful juvie JAR or could it be something else?

BF92089A-F6F5-4998-8CBC-AC253D294144.jpeg

djbvaranus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2012
Orange County NY
Does it looks somewhat healthy? I’m debating on whether or not to grab it up but it’s got some chewed fins(it’s in with little fahakah puffers) I’m assuming they’re the culprits and he doesn’t necessarily look “fat”.

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Does it looks somewhat healthy? I’m debating on whether or not to grab it up but it’s got some chewed fins(it’s in with little fahakah puffers) I’m assuming they’re the culprits and he doesn’t necessarily look “fat”.
Hes got a belly ask to watch it eat if it eats I think it will do fine. Make sure you have good water they are very delicate when small.

Reactions: tlindsey

djbvaranus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2012
Orange County NY
Well I picked him up last night, he’s doing good so far. I didn’t feed last night so we shall see tonight. He’s currently in my 10g for quarantine since he did come from petco(I don’t trust them). Once he’s out of qurentine he will be going to my 90g for about 2 months then to my 150 for a few more months and then a 180. Hopefully he lasts! I hear they’re real terrors I’ve only had albinos, blacks, and silvers( and a tiny leitchardti that got spooked and killed himself). I know he’s still small but he seems pretty docile. I grabbed the only other fish that was in the tank with him at the store and that was a 1” fahaka puffer but the puffer will go in his own tank once quarantine is done.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Well I picked him up last night, he’s doing good so far. I didn’t feed last night so we shall see tonight. He’s currently in my 10g for quarantine since he did come from petco(I don’t trust them). Once he’s out of qurentine he will be going to my 90g for about 2 months then to my 150 for a few more months and then a 180. Hopefully he lasts! I hear they’re real terrors I’ve only had albinos, blacks, and silvers( and a tiny leitchardti that got spooked and killed himself). I know he’s still small but he seems pretty docile. I grabbed the only other fish that was in the tank with him at the store and that was a 1” fahaka puffer but the puffer will go in his own tank once quarantine is done.
Grats on the purchase. Even if he is a terror nothing wrong with having one nice looking show fish in a tank.

djbvaranus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2012
Orange County NY
Grats on the purchase. Even if he is a terror nothing wrong with having one nice looking show fish in a tank.
Of course, I have no problem having him in his own tank, I’d rather it be that way rather than lose other fish haha. But I’m kinda suprised that him and the fahaka are getting along so good. I just fed him for the first time, and actually he did not eat at the store last night when I picked him up, but he AGGRESSIVELY took down 6 pieces of krill and some bloodworms tonight and still wanted more.

Reactions: jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store