Can someone help me out please?

matt campbell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2008
rason
yeah, i am getting a baby one, there about 4 inches long for $40. but i am going to set a up a 55 gallon for him slowly as he grows. so by the time i have everything setup, hell be ready to go into it. would i be able to keep him with other tankmates larger than his mouth when he gets into the 55?

thisissimple

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2010
Los Angeles
Yup, tank mates are fine. Just keep the tank covered.

I would wait with the 55. Just make the jump to 75 or 90. Its not that much more expensive, and will save you from making that jump again in a few months (thereby wasting tons of cash)

TMartinez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
Mandarin, Fl
I agree with the disagreement!!! Bad idea

I buy RODI premixed saltwater from my lfs for 1.15 a gallon. Spend the 20 bucks and buy the water. Even tap water isn't recommended for a salt tank...

turbo253

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
new york
matt campbell;4909527; said:
yeah, i am getting a baby one, there about 4 inches long for $40. but i am going to set a up a 55 gallon for him slowly as he grows. so by the time i have everything setup, hell be ready to go into it. would i be able to keep him with other tankmates larger than his mouth when he gets into the 55?
Wow dude. $40 is a little steep for a 4" eel. No? or did I read something wrong?

nonstophoops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
dgk9723;4910930; said:
Should be $19.99 for even a 6'' plus snowflake around my way
Agreed here, though around me its a little closer to 25 average. Definitely no more than 30 bucks. 40 is crazy high.

LIZ87

Feeder Fish
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
Take your time setting up your salt tank, start it new without your other tank water and shy away from the eel or get a bigger tank; not only that but starting with an eel would be death of the eel,get a damsel or two and let it be for a while. Mass amounts of bacteria do not live in your water (free float) they grow on things in your tank so the water in any situation dosent make the cycle any faster. Easy go and u should be fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store