Can someone help me to identify the species of Gar here? Thanks.

FANGYY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2020
Lol you'll probably have to start feeding tilapia fillets. Once them gar get to full sized you might even have to feed em full fish. If you go the full fish route I would catch hand sized bluegill or crappie and quarentine em for a month treating em for any internal parasites, after a month of quarentine they should be safe to feed your fish, you could either feed live or you could kill em depending on how ya feel about live feeding.

Squid would also be good as a secondary food for em along with whole clams (no shell) or you could even feed em dead rodents such as mice or rats. Basically anything with a high protein level.
Hey buddy, thanks alot for sharing :)

Reactions: Magnus_Bane
Lol any time you see a platinum anything you can almost always assume they spent a small fortune on it. Lol platinums are not cheap to say the least.
You're right but bjeezus. Instead of flexing gucci clothing and ferraris just show people your platinum gar.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
You're right but bjeezus. Instead of flexing gucci clothing and ferraris just show people your platinum gar.
Lol yeah never understood the whole allure of platinum fish, same with albino fish, I usually like the original colors more then the albino or pure white versions. Granted I will say tho them gar are gorgeous. If only they were more affordable maybe I would get one then.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store