Can someone id this fish pls

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I’d agree with Hendre, perhaps a moonlight gourami which is just a color variation of gold and blue gouramis.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Washed out gold gourami?
I’d agree with Hendre, perhaps a moonlight gourami which is just a color variation of gold and blue gouramis.
Your both half right. This is actually a platinum gold gourami. I used to have one at one point and they can be stunning when they have their pearls showing. Not too common to find the platinum variation of this color variation in my experience. You could say it's just another color varient of the 3 spot gourami just like the blue, opaline, moonlight and gold gourami. Here's a pic of a more mature individual I pulled from Google.

platinum gourami.jpg

Reactions: Hendre

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
The moonlight gourami is a separate species to the 3 spot gourami variants.
Ahh my bad, I was thinking of the opal one gourami when I said moonlight gourami. The opaline, blue, and gold gourami are all color variations of the same fish while moon light gouramis are different. Sorry op.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Ahh my bad, I was thinking of the opal one gourami when I said moonlight gourami. The opaline, blue, and gold gourami are all color variations of the same fish while moon light gouramis are different. Sorry op.
Lol don't feel bad, I got that one wrong too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store