Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Can someone identify this please. Either some kind of disease or heater burns?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Diseases and Health Issues' started by Haasume, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Haasume

Haasume Feeder Fish

Justin Haas
      Tuesday at 11:56 AM
      20181105_114432.jpg 20181105_114241.jpg 20181105_114733.jpg 20181105_114226.jpg I went to feed my pair of Convict's this morning and I found the female in this condition. This had to of happened sometime within the past 8 hrs when I was asleep because she was fine when I went to bed. Its odd because the lesions are on both sides of her body in the exact same place and nowhere else.
      They have 2 day old fry swimming around and she is still attacking the scrubber when I put it in the tank so she must not be feeling too badly. If anyone can confirm this is heater burn or not. ALSO what do I need to treat this with? I would appreciate it.

20181105_114432.jpg 20181105_114241.jpg 20181105_114733.jpg 20181105_114226.jpg

#1 Haasume, Nov 5, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    2. Rocksor

Rocksor Blue Tier VIP

Yesterday at 2:47 PM
      I would change the heater out. Is that your heater in the last picture? It looks like it is crusted over underwater. If she is rubbing on the heater then the water maybe getting too cold overnight.

Although, it's unusual for a fish to get heater burns on both sides, basically it's asking to get burned twice. I would try something like Seachem Paraguard and dose everyday for at least 1 week. I've never used it on new hatchlings before.

3. MrsE88

MrsE88 Blue Tier VIP

Kathryn
      Yesterday at 11:24 PM
      I doubt those are heater burns. If she’s caring for fry she won’t be hanging out that high up at night. Unless you’ve seen her doing this?

I think it looks like she’s been fighting with another fish that’s been ramming her.
      In this case I just salt the tank half the amount you’d use to treat ich. Or use a different anti fungal.

4. Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7 The Necromancer

Jason m
      Yesterday at 4:52 PM
      Location on the sides look more like fish attacks than heater damage