Can this be used as a powerhead?

Cich wit it

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2009
NYC
I have 2 canister filters and I was wondering...Im using one as a regular return from one filter above the water line to help oxygenate the water as it splashes down. Can I use the second return under water as a powerhead? Does that even make sense? I just figured if its underwater and pushes water around it does the same thing as a power head. Is anyone else doing this as is doesnt sound very hard. Would you recommend it?

iloveoscars702

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2008
Canada... i wish.
i dont see why not

Cich wit it

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2009
NYC
thefishmaster1;4408458; said:
no use them as regular filters
Its will be used as a filter. But the return hose will just be under water to help push water around like a power head. Does that clear anything up?

T.J

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
U.K
[QUOTE="Cich" wit it;440843;2]I have 2 canister filters and I was wondering...Im using one as a regular return from one filter above the water line to help oxygenate the water as it splashes down. Can I use the second return under water as a powerhead? Does that even make sense? I just figured if its underwater and pushes water around it does the same thing as a power head. Is anyone else doing this as is doesnt sound very hard. Would you recommend it?[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Makes sense to me and cant see any reason why it wouldn't work ;)

Cheers
T.J

bob965

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2009
MI
Filters move water. Powerheads move water. If you want to call your filter a powerhead, you are free to do so.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store