CarpCaracin concerns, Noobie sig issues, and other @#$p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Hello; Yeah back a few years now. I ride a bicycle and there was for a few months a pit bull chained to tree in a yard without a fence. Every time I rode by the dog would strain at the chain trying to get at me. I mentioned how I carried protection and posted some statistics about fatal maulings by pit bulls. Anyway it went back and forth for a few pages with several members as well. Finally the guy said he hoped the dog actually got me. The dog was gone after some months but I do not know how or why.
I think i remember this thread or one just like it. So let me guess they would rather you have gotten attacked than protect yourself against the dog ?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I think i remember this thread or one just like it. So let me guess they would rather you have gotten attacked than protect yourself against the dog ?
Hello; Yes that was the gist of it after a time. The thread went back and forth. There were several giving out the line that pit bull terrier types were just misunderstood and all the bad outcomes were because of bad owners. I was going from personal experience and that of folks I know. I also found some statistics from a couple of sources including the CDC. Something like over 50% of all fatal dog maulings were from pitbull types during a studied period.
Just a bout a year ago in my area an elderly woman in her late 60's was putting bird seed in a feeder when she was attacked and killed by two pit bulls. Her elderly husband was also mauled while trying to save her. He lived I think because a neighbor stepped in or maybe the husband killed one of the dogs, can't recall exactly.

But yeah I was condemned by a MFK member because I was taking precautions. He finally said he wished the dog got me.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I just wanted to come in here and ask why is CarpCharacin banned? I talked to him 2 or 3 days ago, he didn't seem that bad...

Carp was banned because a moderator warned him, he failed to listen and continued. Admins step when members continue whatever brought us and it usually ends in some form of action taken. We don’t discuss specifics of any member action with others so that’s about as much as there is to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store