Carpfishing 2021!!!

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hey everyone!
So the carp have moved into town! Im not sure why but quite frequently through out the year they are not here to spawn its to early but this is the first we have seen of them this year. I fish in ponds and lakes for them but sight fishing them is my favorite. Also I have seen several pike this year in the same spot the biggest of which must have been 30" the biggest common carp has to be at least 36" and 30 pounds plus. so far this year I have caught one (I mostly just like to watch them but do fish a lot to) but I have really been focusing on the pike of which I have caught 0 from this spot. I have Caught plenty of pike my PB is 35" but none from here so any tips for early spring pike would be appreciated.

Anyways here is one of the carp (Snagged two others by accident after they swam into my line did not take pics bc I dont think that counts as catching them)
IMG_0200.jpg
Before anyone says anything I know putting them on the ground is bad for them I was fishing from a ledge so my friend got to the fish first and decided to put it on the ground imnot sure why though

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
I saw a carp(estimate 10lbs) went to eat my mepps spinner near shore when I was going for bass/pike in a river, when I was going to start reeling in the carp slowly my 10lb line snapped and the carp swam away. Yet weeks before a 15lb+ blue catfish went for my mepps but didn’t snap it, and instead got unhooked under a branch.

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store