Carpintis w/ teugelsi, 125

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
y/n

I feel like this is a bit cramped but I am also bad at gauging how big fish are behind glass

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I'm no expert at either fish unfortunately but from what I've understood about what I'm told about Poly's in general the max size can vary greatly based on being wild caught or CB. So that's probably an important determining factor for the Teugelsi. Never having kept Teugelsi myself though my input is nothing but conjecture. Hao Hao is usually a wealth of info when it comes to Polys and if this thread was in the Poly section, he probably would've seen it and responded in some capacity.

As for Carpintis I've only kept one so again my experience is limited and as such isn't definitive. IME mine was fairly peaceful for a cichlid though from what I gleamed online that isn't always the case. Mild aggression nothing serious is what I experienced. Whether that aggression would be targeted at the Poly I don't know. What I do know is cichlids are very food aggressive and Polys not so much so getting food to the Poly maybe problematic. It's a factor I think often overlooked that winds up causing issues because it wasn't considered. There are lot of cichlid guys who know more than I when it comes to a possible comm'ing of these two hopefully they'll see your thread and chime in. RD. RD. duanes duanes my apologies as I only tagged who came to mind off the top of my head there are many more knowledgeable keepers in both section I didn't tag.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Cichlids and bichir combination are a gamble from experience. The bichir won't be able to protect itself from a aggressive cichlid.

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
It's a toss up honestly every fish has their own personality, my carpintis Pablo has gotten on great with the bichirs in my tank, but again you never know1000009246.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store