Catfish Cove

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
So I posted on this a bit ago and im turning my bed room into what I call "Catfish Cove" I plan in the next year saving up money and making all my tank planted tanks, I want to get rid of my black gravel substrate, and ake it either sand/Gravel I have to decide. but heres my plan:

10 gallon:
spider wood
java fern
Anubis sword
2 honey comb catfish

29 gallon:
driftwood
spider wood
hornwort
java fern
pennywort
(maybe some other plants)
10 cory cats
caves

50 gallon:
spider wood
(Lots of assorted plants)
caves
Need to find a catfish for this, thinking bumblebee

75 gallon:
Sand
assorted plants
1 large cave
spider wood
gulper catfish

If you'd change anything let me know, I love feedback. Thanks!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
??

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
what do you think I should put in the 50? I dont like plecos or pictus

Travis_Bickle

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2015
Uk
Jaguar Catfish is about the most stunning you can get IMHO but they're expensive, hide very well and 50 Gallon might be a touch on the small side. I'd never heard of Honeycomb catfish so just looked them up. A tiny wood cat, so like a much smaller and different patterned version of the Jaguar. I might have to get some myself!

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
What can you get locally? What is your budgeting? Willing to buy stock online to get the harder to find catfish? Otherwise worry about those things later.

IMO honeycombs like being kept in groups. I had over 14 and it was nice to see them during feeding times. That was the only time i could see them in a swarm, nightime they were very active at top column of the tank. Shut down my fish room before i got a chance to breed them as was growing them out at that time. I say keep as much you can so it increases chances that you can actually see one or two at a time when looking at the tank during the daytime when not feeding them. A 10g tank can house nano catfish group easily. Not a group of tatias though

Good luck!

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Off the top of my head I’d do a chaca chaca catfish in the 50 but that’s just what I can think of at the moment.
Thank you Matteus Matteus

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store