Camshaft Ramrod

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
It's that time of the week again....

Yes it's Caturday. A time to unload my never ending orgy of useless
cat pictures, articles and videos onto the masses. I might make next
week's Caturday a "Dog day" for you dog lovers. I dont know though.
I'm still thinking about it......You'll find out next week. Oh and sorry,
no camshaft captions this week. The "Cat Vs Dog poll" sorta put me
in a bad mood. There's not enough cat people on this site......:(
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197451
Us cat people need to UNITE!!

This is Otto. He loves his pineapple....nom nom nom nom

[yt]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G5KRdFAwF1M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G5KRdFAwF1M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/yt]

I wasn't expecting him to shut the fridge. That was awesome.

Anyone getting short on cash? I know I am. Well here's a good article found on wtop.com.
Recession-proof cat toys :D

By LINDA LOMBARDI
For The Associated Press
(AP) - Brother, can you spare a twisty-tie?
Hard economic times can mean fewer holiday gifts _ for your pets, too. Fortunately, cats were into recycling and repurposing long before "green" became the latest buzzword.
If you've ever seen your cat walk past a nice stuffed mouse to bat around one of those wire twisty-ties that close a loaf of bread, why not take the hint? Here's what your feline family really wants you to do for the holidays:
_ Get milk! Or juice, as long as it's in a plastic jug. Those little caps make great toys, especially the kind with the tear-off plastic strip.
_ Drink wine to relax. If watching your portfolio crash means you're going through more wine these days, you've also got more corks for your cat to bat around.
_ Wear your wristwatch, even if you can't afford new batteries. On a sunny day, you can get the sun to reflect off it and make a spot of light that your cat will chase around the floor and walls _ just like a laser pointer, but totally free.
_ Let your hair grow long. You'll save money on haircuts, and once it's long enough for a ponytail, you can share your hair ribbons. Cassandra Zaruba of Westminster, Md., has a cat that loves a particular kind of hair ribbon.
"I keep them in a Rubbermaid box, and a sure way to lure her out of any hiding place is to pop the lid of that box," she says.
(Don't do this with rubber bands, which some cats might be tempted to eat.)
_ Buy presents for other people. Not because your cat is so generous, but because your cat will enjoy trying to help wrap presents. Tear off a piece of the wrapping paper and crunch it up on ball for her to chase around. When you run out, try aluminum foil or candy wrappers.
_ Shop by mail. Online or catalog, it doesn't matter what you buy as long as it's delivered in a box. Leave the empty shipping carton on the floor or a table, and cats are sucked in as if by a magical force.
_ But shop local, too. Your cat doesn't give a fig about keeping independent neighborhood shops in business, but you'll bring things home in paper bags that are great for hiding in and make that irresistible crinkly noise.
It's OK if you have to cut back on the shopping, because you only need a few of those boxes and bags. "What I've discovered is that if you move them to a different location, the cats think they're brand new and will start playing with them again," says Karen Duvall of Bend, OR.
Don't forget that many activities that you think are chores are really cat games: You want to tie your shoes; your cat will want to bat the shoelaces. You want to change the sheets on your bed; you cat will want to play hide and seek.
Speaking of beds, there is also no need to buy a special kitty bed.
Cats love to lie on things on top of other things, no matter their texture or height: lying on a shirt that's on the bed is better than lying on any other spot on the bed, even if they're made of nearly identical fabric. A magazine on a table, even a piece of paper on the floor_ if it's flat enough to lie on and it's on top of something else, it's a free cat bed.
Kyle McCowin of Arlington ,Va., has noticed this phenomenon, and wondered, is there such a thing as too much "on-topness"?
"Like is a magazine on a newspaper on a shirt on the bed better than just a shirt on the bed, or is that too many layers?" says McCowin. "These are the questions that keep me up at night."
And if other worries are keeping you up at night, you can both make use of another arrangement that pleases cats: read. Your cat loves to get in the way of a good read.
When your cat sits on the newspaper, don't push him away. He'll be happy at no cost - and maybe skipping that bad economic news will be good for your mood too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And another toy article you might find amusing off of dailymail.co.uk
No authors name was given. Just Daiy Mail Reporter.

Frankie the feline exposed as the cat burglar stealing toys from his neighbours' homes

A real-life cat burglar has left his owner feeling less than purr-fect - by swiping dozens of cuddly toys from nearby homes.
Frankie the tom cat has got his claws into 35 teddies and soft toys in the last year.
Owner Julie Bishop believes the two-year-old feline is sneaking into her neighbours' homes.

He drags each one of his finds through the catflap before depositing them on the same spot in the living room.
toys1.jpg
Julie, 52, said: 'Frankie looks very pleased with himself when he comes in with these presents.

'He's been going out of the house and coming back with all these toys for pretty much as long as he's been allowed out.

'They're all soft toys for cats I think. About 15 of them are all the same leopard. He doesn't really play with them. He dumps them down and goes out looking for something else.'
In the past year alone Frankie's haul has included teddy bears, leopards and a giant squeaky beefburger.
Now Julie has plastered her home town of Swindon with posters to try and trace the rightful owners.
toys.jpg
toys2.jpg
Julie, who lives with her partner Gary Witts, 47, got Frankie from a Wiltshire farm in 2006.
She said: 'I'd be interested to find out what's happening when he goes out.
'Frankie is quite independent and comes in and out of the cat flap all through the day and night.

'He's quite a friendly cat and likes to sleep on your shoulder, although he lets you know if he wants to be on his own.'
Two weeks ago Frankie stole two green witch's heads, which must have come from a recent Halloween party.

toys3.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, time for some pics.

19348_72B1EA9TKtWWM.im.jpg

19454_22SmJ1OWACC4Y.im.jpg

080101-Mietzentablett.jpg

080112-Al-Qaida-Perserkatze.jpg

080516-Ich_pass_da_durch.jpg

080516-kitty_beer.jpg

080614-Katzen.jpg

080807-katz_und_maus.jpg

080809-wir_braten_uns_eine_Katze.jpg

081112-Drogenopfer.jpg

081130-Knuddelparade.jpg

281008_pm_013.jpg

439807_8cda8c7e-bc10-4799-a4c7-682b2820bf5b_prod.jpg

20081207-018.jpg

140880995_918a04ba18_b.jpg

263694997_938d5c9654_b.jpg

2507314165_977e5dc0b7.jpg

a.jpg

Almsot_Ran_You_Over.jpg

Arched_Back.jpg

Anger_Kitty.jpg

asd.jpg

Attention.jpg

ba8fee-60.jpg

Bag_Cat.jpg

Balloon_Cat.jpg

Bass.jpg

blackcatdeadman.jpg

Blargh_I_Am_Dead.jpg

Blow_Up.jpg

Boot_Cat.jpg

Bowl_O_Cat.jpg

Break_Gallery_242_Thumb.jpg

Bullet_Cat.jpg

Cannot_Pass.jpg

Cant_Touch_This.jpg

Cat_And_Bunny.jpg

Cat_And_Mouse_Attach.jpg

Cat_Buzz.jpg

Cat_Costume.jpg

Cat_Dance_Off.jpg

Cat_Doesnt_Want.jpg

Cat_Eying_His_Lunch.jpg

Cat_Fishing.jpg

Cat_Hog.jpg

Cat_In_A_Box.jpg

Cat_In_Toilet.jpg

Cat_Is_Fine.jpg

Cat_Is_Hungry.jpg

Cat_Loaf.jpg

Couple more vids and I'm done for the day.

OCD cat
[yt]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LQ-jv8g1YVI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LQ-jv8g1YVI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/yt]

They're in love....
[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yukdsl5O7AI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yukdsl5O7AI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

awesomeness....
[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MuSzFXe1Irc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MuSzFXe1Irc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Also, like always, feel free to add to this thread.

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
Great pics. I'll add a couple.

DSC_0324.JPG

DSC_0448.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

Camshaft Ramrod

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
Thanks midnight. That was one of my favorite pics. You see the cat in that pic? He freakin Huge!? And I'm not talking about the catfish. I mean he's a big catfish, but the cat is freakin big. He looks like a pure bred.

And nice pics dragon. I almost bought that wig for my cat this Halloween. I ended up going with the bowtie instead.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
hmm sunday is better day for dogs.... we need caturday for cats :)

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Some of the pictures stir up memories of my own cats.

One Thanksgiving morning we discovered that my new kitten had not only tasted, but had walked across two pumpkin pies that had been left out to cool on the counter.:(

Stare down

My poor cat this summer

skrefany

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2006
Warner Robins, Georgia
www.myspace.com
I wanna play!

This is after Squeaker played in the firepit. She's supposed to be all white.

100_2696.JPG

100_2698.JPG

100_2701.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store