Caught my 17 inch MBU deflating from his Puff up on video.

CoryWM

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Everett, Washington
www.tankgeek.com
I've just got mine setup differently. Korallia 8 pump to kick up particles off the bottom for a few hours a day. plus filter socks. That gets lots of solid material out weekly. I did have a sand substrate for about a year, to observe the puffer hunting for snails. But decided to try a different approach. The next tank will have substrate again as it's fun to watch them blow around in the sand all day. Current 180 is 30 inches tall. So it's not my favorite tank to vac :p Much easier to remove the clam/mussel shells with no substrate via a net also :D

The way I explain the waste, I tell them imagine a small dog like a wiener dog. Now imagine it can only go to the bathroom in your aquarium not in your yard. Yes the poop is the same size. Yes it has to come back out somehow. It really is like owning a dog, have to prepare the food for them daily, interact with them etc. They want play time.

I love acrylic tanks, but kinda want his forever home tank to be glass. green spot algae is a pain to get off acrylic compared to glass and a razor blade. And you cant use nerite snails as they're just puffer food :p

BONDO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2012
MADISON WI
In all the years my friend had a mbu i never got to see that!! Awsome +1

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

KrazEDesigns

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2012
Canada
That would have been even more awesome if you'd had edited the video & added the sound of a balloon deflating in timing with the fish lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store