*CAUTION* Oscar with BAD HITH

perm76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2006
fla
if ur gona have omnivores of that size then u need to keep them up and BELIEVE ME U
I know i have 4 i do mean 4 black red belies pacus that are about 17inches long and a tiger oscar thats about 9inches and i have him in with my pacus, plus about 70 african cichilds plus a gurami tank4 of them plus afresh water shark and for plecos AND I DO WEEKLY WATER CHANGES ON ALL MY 5 TANKS if the water smells a littel funky change it
thats all it take ive gone as changing 2 times a week becouse of over feeding thats thier 'AIR' KEEP IT CLEAN:character0087: :irked:
1= 300 GAL
1=225GAL
1=90GAL
1=75GAL
1=55GAL

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
That insane :nilly: Ive never seen a oscar with HITH that bad.

whodini

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2006
vancouver,B.C
my fish start staring at me at 5-6 days depending on the food i'm feeding(maybe it's in my head!) but it's like they start saying "helloooooooooooooo"

filiportela

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2005
portugal
wow!!!:irked: :irked: :nilly: :irked: :irked:

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
In defence of the owner HITH can spring up when you least expect it. I think some oscars are just prone to get it, maybe it's all the inbreeding that's gone on over the decades in fish farms. Water quality is not the only thing that can cause it, a bad diet could as well. That's where my defence ends though because HITH is not very difficult to cure. More water changes and a better diet would cure that up, it's really sad that the owner let it got that bad.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store