CA
Better pic

5D2D7FBB-AE7A-4D7A-9C7A-949A46424D79.jpeg

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
Now I just need to figure out what to do with the black ghost knife while I grow him out. Keep the ghost life in there, move to the big tank or set up a temporary tank.

RemainVayne

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Now I just need to figure out what to do with the black ghost knife while I grow him out. Keep the ghost life in there, move to the big tank or set up a temporary tank.
How big is rhe BGK and the other fish in the tank with him?

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
How big is rhe BGK and the other fish in the tank with him?
Bgk is about 12 inches. The big tank has a large ornate that I’m concerned about. Around 22 inches. The other concern is the red tail giant gourami which is also about 22 inches. Also Two other smaller bichirs i am not concerned about.

I went ahead and put the bgk in the large tank and initially the gourami went after it but I rearranged the tank and gourami stopped bothering the bgk.

So now it’s a matter of if the ornate will try to eat the bgk or not.

RemainVayne

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Bgk is about 12 inches. The big tank has a large ornate that I’m concerned about. Around 22 inches. The other concern is the red tail giant gourami which is also about 22 inches. Also Two other smaller bichirs i am not concerned about.

I went ahead and put the bgk in the large tank and initially the gourami went after it but I rearranged the tank and gourami stopped bothering the bgk.

FWIW all my polys seem to remain docile pigs so long as I keep them fed. My BGK is now in a ta k with only 2 small endli grow outs (as far as poly population goes) and don't pay each other any attention. My BGK hides all day, only coming out at feeding time.

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA

FWIW all my polys seem to remain docile pigs so long as I keep them fed. My BGK is now in a ta k with only 2 small endli grow outs (as far as poly population goes) and don't pay each other any attention. My BGK hides all day, only coming out at feeding time.
one of my issues is the bgk is a really quick eater and eats most of the bichirs food. I think since the bgk is nocturnal it can escape the bichirs if the get hungry. I’ll monitor the situation.

Reactions: RemainVayne

RemainVayne

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
one of my issues is the bgk is a really quick eater and eats most of the bichirs food. I think since the bgk is nocturnal it can escape the bichirs if the get hungry. I’ll monitor the situation.
I hear ya. After moving my polys to a bigger tank, they had so much food to themselves. After introducing a trio of giraffe catfish, the polys are back to being too lazy to get the best dinner items.

But ya know what, I feed 6x/week and if they don't want to make an effort to get some food then I guess they'll wait another night. They're all fat enough (ironically except for the ansorgii) that they'll survive.

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
I hear ya. After moving my polys to a bigger tank, they had so much food to themselves. After introducing a trio of giraffe catfish, the polys are back to being too lazy to get the best dinner items.

But ya know what, I feed 6x/week and if they don't want to make an effort to get some food then I guess they'll wait another night. They're all fat enough (ironically except for the ansorgii) that they'll survive.
I finally got a good pic of the ghost next to the ornate.

60A1EB9C-C8FC-4098-9769-C6F6CCB59F40.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store