CB True spotted gar and CB Cuban gar

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Both of specimens are bred by my friend and teacher Isurus Park without any artificial hormone treatment.
Parents of TSG are both WC from Trinity river, USA.

View attachment 1446090

View attachment 1446091

View attachment 1446092

View attachment 1446093

View attachment 1446094

View attachment 1446095
Honestly this is by far the best looking spotted gar I have ever seen. Almost seems like it's spots were going for more a a jaguar look rather then the tradition cheetah like spots that ya see in most spotted gar.

Also never heard of a Cuban gar up untill this year. Kind of neat seeing one pretty well fully grown. Any idea what makes a Cuban gar stand out from the rest? They honestly kind of look like shortnose gar, just with a lil bit more of a bronze color rather then grey. Either way tho it's still pretty cool to see such unusual gar.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
O also had a quick question for ya. Do you think this pic is legit or do ya think it's edited? Never seen a spotted gar with this color let alone any gar for that matter. Lol looks too good to be true imo.

Gar-4-650x425.jpg

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Thats a Florida gar but the color of the fish is definitely edited.
I thought that it looked too good to be true. Lol also goes to show how well ik my gar species hahaha. Gotta wonder tho if there ever has been a red morph for any gar specie.

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
I thought that it looked too good to be true. Lol also goes to show how well ik my gar species hahaha. Gotta wonder tho if there ever has been a red morph for any gar specie.
There are red morphs. Most common is usually the captive bred. But they aren't like red red. Usually more brownish red/orange. It's kind of weird to call it red.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
There are red morphs. Most common is usually the captive bred. But they aren't like red red. Usually more brownish red/orange. It's kind of weird to call it red.
Really? Today I went to a local aquarium and were selling a red variant spotted gar for $388 SGD. made me question and I went to look it up here.

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Really? Today I went to a local aquarium and were selling a red variant spotted gar for $388 SGD. made me question and I went to look it up here.
Yeah those are red florida gars. There's been quite a few of those in SG lately. Good chance they will lose their color but buy at your own risk. Don't expect them to be red red.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store