Central American Cichlid Pellets

Bobby2415

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2019
I’m currently feeding my fish Hikari Cichlid Gold sinking pellets and was looking to add a little variety in the staple pellet area.

I was looking at Omega One Super Color Cichlid sinking pellets. Anyone use these and have any comments on it?

Any other suggestions on food are welcome. I’m trying to stick with a sinking pellet that is not overwhelmingly expensive but also not cheap crap. Appreciate any advice!

I also give frozen shrimp from the grocery store a couple days a week as a treat.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I’m currently feeding my fish Hikari Cichlid Gold sinking pellets and was looking to add a little variety in the staple pellet area.

I was looking at Omega One Super Color Cichlid sinking pellets. Anyone use these and have any comments on it?

Any other suggestions on food are welcome. I’m trying to stick with a sinking pellet that is not overwhelmingly expensive but also not cheap crap. Appreciate any advice!

I also give frozen shrimp from the grocery store a couple days a week as a treat.
Omega1 is another good brand imo. I personally feed my medium size Cichlids that brand with a couple other brands.

Reactions: Bobby2415

Bobby2415

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2019
I use all NLS products. It all depends on size and type of fish as to what they get.
I do have NLS cichlid pellets for my smaller fish but the pellets are I believe only 1 or 1.5mm, which seems a little small for the bigger fish I have.

Does NLS have a sinking pellet that is in the 3-4mm range, geared toward Central American predatory cichlids?

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I do have NLS cichlid pellets for my smaller fish but the pellets are I believe only 1 or 1.5mm, which seems a little small for the bigger fish I have.

Does NLS have a sinking pellet that is in the 3-4mm range, geared toward Central American predatory cichlids?
NLS has many different sizes, and various formulas for different fish.
This is what I feed my Sagittae Casper

But yes they have bigger sinking pellets as well.

Reactions: Bobby2415

Bobby2415

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2019
This is what I feed my Sagittae
I linked wrong one above
Looks like a good food to me. That particular one will be a little too big for the fish I have now though. I’m also trying to stick to sinking pellets.

My fish are only in the 3”-6” range and are already splashing water out of the tank with floating pellets. I discovered I can strategically put the sinkers in so they don’t splash and the fish aren’t tearing each other up going after the same pellet.

The only reason I’m leaning towards Omega One at this point is because I can get a smaller portion and not have to spend $20+. NLS definitely seems to be a favorite from what I’m seeing though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store