Challenging order from the Wetspot

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Thought about trying freshwater pipefish because I can't do seahorses anymore . Ordered 3 black Banded pipefish arrived this morning. I called the store prior to shipping due to the temperature. The salesperson assured me things would be ok.
Had to acclimate them because the ph was slightly lower than the aquarium water. Well so far things are good.
They are small and live baby brine are probably the best for them.

20230906_152352.jpg

Fishyboy🐟🐟🐟

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2023
Thought about trying freshwater pipefish because I can't do seahorses anymore . Ordered 3 black Banded pipefish arrived this morning. I called the store prior to shipping due to the temperature. The salesperson assured me things would be ok.
Had to acclimate them because the ph was slightly lower than the aquarium water. Well so far things are good.
They are small and live baby brine are probably the best for them.

View attachment 1525827
Nice!

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Wow! If ever I've seen a critter that seemed to have "FRAGILE!" stamped across it...this is it. What size are those things?

I know I lack the patience to produce live food that size on a regular basis. If you're an ex-seahorse guy I guess you know what you are getting into. Good luck, I hope you keep us posted. :)

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
FRAGILE!" stamped across it...this is it. What size are those things?
You used the right word 😆
I thought they would be a little larger to eat adult daphnia but I was wrong.
Unfortunately the daphnia culture didn't survive the 80+degrees.
Prior to the delivery date I started a batch of baby brine so had food when pipefish arrived.
The 40 breeder is plenty large for the 3 .
Going to order freshwater coepods.

Reactions: Deadeye

aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
The wet spot has been a good source of common and often uncommon stuff over the years

The only thing is that the name is a little sus. I have to tell my wife that the credit card charge for "The Wet Spot" is not a strip club

Congrats on the new stock!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
The wet spot has been a good source of common and often uncommon stuff over the years

The only thing is that the name is a little sus. I have to tell my wife that the credit card charge for "The Wet Spot" is not a strip club

Sorry but don't know how you got ignored.
I personally don't ignore anyone on the forum.

Reactions: cockroach

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021

They're getting there, with some of their new "merch"... :naughty:
And some of the fish they have is an aquarist's wet dream!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store