Change to trophy points in 2019

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Unlike a lot of the things in the awards program, this one isn't up for a vote. I am adjusting how the points work for the X of the Month contest trophies.

Moving forward, the points will be additive instead of cumulative. Instead of earning points for each win, you will have the points value of the highest award you've earned for each PotM and TotM contest. Basically, you can win as many PotM or TotM contests as you can, but after you've gotten your points for the first, you won't get any more points for each category until you win a PotY or TotY contest.

Once you do get those points for winning your *otY contest, your number will go from the 275 of a *otM winner to the 575 of a *otY winner.

This change will be retroactive and will be applied to all multiple winners, to include myself, in 2019.

The impetus of this change is to keep in line with the intent of the awards program now that the photo contests are becoming popular. It occurs to me that we could potentially have people accumulating a particularly large quantity of trophy points through wins. While winners should and will be acknowledged, I don't want *otM winners to dominate the forum any more than I want those with lots of likes or posts to dominate the forums. It defeats the purpose of this program.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
What are the points for anyway, I never understood the meaning of them.

Reactions: moe214

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
What are the points for anyway, I never understood the meaning of them.
Basically a rating system that takes into account posts, likes, contest wins, awards, etc. It's something that came with the new software that honestly seems superfluous to me, but I couldn't figure out how to turn it off after we went to Xenforo, so I just rolled with it.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
With the latest upgrade the trophy points now seem kind of, pointless. Even if someone makes the effort to click on the drop down arrow under someone's avatar, all they will see when that window expands is a trophy icon, and across from that a total of points. Points for what exactly will be anyone's guess.

Don't mind me, just thinking outloud......

Reactions: islandguy11

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
With the latest upgrade the trophy points now seem kind of, pointless. Even if someone makes the effort to click on the drop down arrow under someone's avatar, all they will see when that window expands is a trophy icon, and across from that a total of points. Points for what exactly will be anyone's guess.

Don't mind me, just thinking outloud......
None of our plugins have been added back yet. This is the raw version of version 2.0 of our old software. The 1.5 version we had before was highly modified, which we intend to apply to this version as well.

Reactions: islandguy11 and RD.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Gonna have to attend to that as well lol
Hey at least my request is one thing that you can scratch off your to do list....it aint there !!!:woot:

• Haha
Reactions: Chicxulub
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store