channa biotope

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
The Brahmaputra river doesn't flow at all through India. I suggested plants native to southern Tibet because that's where majority of the river's length flows through.
Endemic to the Brahmaputra River basin in northeastern India,

it's the side stream of Brahmaputra in north east India. In west bengal

itrebebag99

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2017
Illinois
Endemic to the Brahmaputra River basin in northeastern India,

it's the side stream of Brahmaputra in north east India. In west bengal
Oh, yeah, I guess it does flow through Bengal. I wasn't thinking of Bengal as India, my mistake.

Reactions: neko1

NatureNerve

Feeder Fish
Dec 14, 2018
Kolkata
d

do u have any idea if keeping channa adnrao with Dario Dario is possible?
(better late than never response)
Find encl separate photos of C bleheri and C andrao community tanks with other small fishes wild caught from the same area.. Like bleheri, andrao can be gradually controlled in to feeding on formulation diets and occassional steamed shrimp meat. When I first receive the "fresh from the wild" Channa, feed the Channa varieties live juvenile wild caught pre-conditioned Amblypharyngodon mola and Brachydanio rerio and punched in some freeze dried tubifex at regular intervals. Gradually I wean them on formulation diets, gut probiotics and steamed shrimp meal. So no more battles in the tank with smaller companions!
For plants, go for options like:
Limnophila indica, L rugosa, Hygrophila stricta, Hydrilla, Bacopa monnieri, Vallisneria spiralis or V nana, Cryptocoryne spiralis, Ceratopteris thalictroides: floating and attached to driftwood/river worn boulders/gravel. Also use plenty of pre treated dead Catappa (Indian almond tree) leaves as the carpet for bottom substrate of sand with gravel and river rocks to cover the top sand as Channa have the tendency to rustle up and dig the floor!

20181214_221632.jpg 20181117_160743.jpg 20181116_003749.jpg

Far2lively

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2012
London, England
d

do u have any idea if keeping channa adnrao with Dario Dario is possible?
Channa Andrao are a subtropical species and require much lower winter temps, Dario Dario are a tropical fish and require different parameters, the Andrao will end up killing the Dario, Andrao are best kept species only aquariums

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store