Channa Bleheri tank size?

dave1992

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
West midlands
Hi ive got a 55l/ 15gal tank, and i want to keep one channa bleheri is this suitable? im sure i saw a youtube video with a chap keeping 2 in a 55l. Any advice welcome like wether or not to get a bigger tank and im still slightly confused about filtration was thinking of doing an old DIY job on the filter.
Any help guys much appreciated :)

dave1992

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
West midlands
So for keeping one by itself for the time being, as i would eventually think about breeding, still an 80 liter for a single channa?

scorp

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2007
Germany
dave1992;4035321; said:
So for keeping one by itself for the time being, as i would eventually think about breeding, still an 80 liter for a single channa?

a single specimen should be fine in your tank

scorp

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2007
Germany
trouble may start as soon as a pair starts breeding, but if you have enough cover it could work. might have to seperate them though.

dave1992

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
West midlands
hi guys and thanks for the replies, i want to give it ago making an effcient diy filter, i know the basics of filter design but with these fish having a high waste load i was thinking of a little more beefed up filter. Ive always wanted one of these fish and knowing at college i will have access to small goldfish and other cyprinid species could i feed them on dead fish, what size of fish would be acceptable is probably more of an accurate question? thanks guys :)

Brucki

Gambusia
MFK Member
HI Dave,

bleheri are not really fish predators. They feed on crustaceeans and insects. And dont overfeed them. Fat channa wont breed.

Cheers

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store