Channa Diplogramma ?

JayP

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Nova Scotia Canada
Picked up these a few days ago I feel pretty confident that they are in fact Diplogramma. what do you guys think ?
IMG1730.jpgIMG1731.jpgIMG1733.jpgIMG1734.jpgIMG1736.jpgIMG1738.jpg

IMG1731.jpg

IMG1733.jpg

IMG1734.jpg

IMG1736.jpg

IMG1738.jpg

IMG1730.jpg

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Looks like diplogramma to me, The species looks almost identical to micropeltes at this age pattern wise, but the color on micropeltes would be much more red, the yellows and beige/browns are typical diplogramma

crazyfreak204

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2011
Canada
is this jp from eacs??? if so they are deff diplos anyways .they looked completly diff then my micros did when i got them and i was going to pick some of those up i just didnt have the extra cash ...but ya man they are diplos forsure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

JayP

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Nova Scotia Canada
that`s exactly what I thought ! thanks D.C

JayP

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Nova Scotia Canada
is this jp from eacs??? if so they are deff diplos anyways .they looked completly diff then my micros did when i got them and i was going to pick some of those up i just didnt have the extra cash ...but ya man they are diplos forsure

Yes it its me JayP and thanks yeah man they are super nice like them a lot already they are big eaters and fast swimmers lol
think he has 2 left still, well worth the money especially after loosing my other 2 Channa aurantimaculata. Plus these get bigger as we both kno lol

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Nice. I picked up my 5 from Spencer Jack, how about you? They grow fairly fast and hit the pellets worse then cichla. Their temperament is mellow compared to Micros.

I wasn't sure at first if they were Diplos but now that they are morphing the same as the chart below I know for sure they are diplo!

Here is the chart for you to reference yours against as they grow.
Mine are between C and D at the moment.

diplgramma.png

JayP

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Nova Scotia Canada
Thanks so much man, Yeah that`s exactly where I got my two as well. They are awesome looking and I cant wait to watch them grown into big beautiful specimens. what is the growth rate roughly ? and what size and yours ?

crazyfreak204

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2011
Canada
hope its not micropeltes good luck! nice fish.
micros are awesome too i got three and i wouldnt give them up for anything there awesome and let me tell ya they are crazy when it comes to eating !!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store