channa rainbow snake head with a channa stewartii

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
was wondering if a channa rainbow snake head could live a channa stewartii in 300 lt 4 foot tank my bloated rainbow snake head passed away so I now have one rainbow snake head with a 300 lt tank all to himself. Saw a stewartii for sale and quite liked it.

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
No stewartii kill ur rainbow snakehead no matter u put them in 4' or 3', if u want stewartii move ur rainbow

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
No stewartii kill ur rainbow snakehead no matter u put them in 4' or 3', if u want stewartii move ur rainbow
well i bought a pulcha as the stewartii was gone about 5" at the monent he is in with my rainbow i have a divider for that tank so used it until i move the rainbow. Well within 20 minutes of putting the pulcha in he managed to slip under the divider as I didnt push it down enough into the sand and a scuffle broke out the rainbow although bigger came worst with a few missing scales but is ok the divider is now secure and both seperate the pulcher is a beauty he was a bit pale in the shop but has now coloured up and is feeding

DSC00457.JPG

DSC00461.JPG

DSC00462.JPG

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Keep that divider in , you can't mix any channa species they will never tolerate each other & will kill each other given the chance .

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
Yes i will keep the divider until I re home the rainbow these pulchra's have a nasty set of teeth may one opened his mouth and I saw the teeth very sharp and face inwards similar to a sharks teeth but set further inside the mouth

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Nice pulcha , I not have them in India , very frustrating

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
Finaly sepreated the pulchara and rainbow snakehead yesterday the pulchara still goes mental when he sees the rainbow though the aquarium glass but a least he cant get to him
keeping a eye on the water parameters of the rainbow tank used media from my other tanks but have some prime on standby

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store