Channel catfish and Cichlids?

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
right on bro. very nice tank. that paroon shark thing is gonna get huge if im not mistaken. its already well on its way looking at the pics. i cant wait to see the pics of that GT when he is like 2 to 3 years older.hell be a champ for sure...... :thumbsup:

nativelover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2005
socal
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
get a few eclips cats, they gwt about 14" bright yellow. they look pretty cool in schools of 4-6.

or get a channel. and when it gets fryin size, eat it, then get another one...lol
and video tape you fishin for it in the tank...lol

or a yellow or brown bullhead, the blacks arent that interesting, and my oscar tends to eat them as soon as i put them in, but leaaves the others alone. i dont know if oscars like blacks but you could try it. and blacks tend to grow slower and stay small.(under 10")

rust9000

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Cumbria, UK
I think if you put Chan cat in there it will look outa place ah yeah and you will have no plants and fish left lol.
P.S your tank is bigger than my pond lol.

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
Yah I kept a channel cat before... whatever fits in its mouth its going to eat, so small fish will prob. be eaten.

roliva

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2005
pa
Yeah, channels are awesome. Fast grower, very active. They just get too big.

It's hard to believe your tank is only lit by 2 four foot tubes!!

tazrocks65

Feeder Fish
May 22, 2024
I caught a baby channel last fall and brought it home to see how it would do in a 120 gallon tank. It loves it. I've been feeding it regular tropical flakes and throw in worm's or night crawler's occasionally.
I've attempted to drop in fish not big enough to eat yet they have either been eaten, or killed or scared enough to hide all the time. I recently purchased a Oscar that I plan to drop into the cat's house when it's large enough to defend itself. My question is will the cat accept the Oscar. As a baby Oscar, I've noticed that it is starting to be defensive of territory like normal.
Does anyone think I have half a chance of when I do put my Oscar in that everything will work out?
My channel is now a foot long

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store