Cheap aroganite sand

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Ya I'm thinking I'm going to set up a smaller tank to start a test one, as well as get into contact with a few gents who do study natural sandbeds for a living. Oh and the surface usualy isnt that brown, and with proper critters in it the brown stay to a minimum.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Kevin8888;4298786; said:
Ya I'm thinking I'm going to set up a smaller tank to start a test one, as well as get into contact with a few gents who do study natural sandbeds for a living. Oh and the surface usualy isnt that brown, and with proper critters in it the brown stay to a minimum.
A dsb in a refugium isnt much of a threat is it if things go awry?

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Heathd;4298803; said:
A dsb in a refugium isnt much of a threat is it if things go awry?
True, as there is little junk that actualy gets in the sand, but either way its going in my main display as I will not have much room for a sump, (considering volume of tank haha). Though if I cant do a DSB succesfully in a small one I'll just do a shallow SB in the 1000gal.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Kevin8888;4298835; said:
True, as there is little junk that actualy gets in the sand, but either way its going in my main display as I will not have much room for a sump, (considering volume of tank haha). Though if I cant do a DSB succesfully in a small one I'll just do a shallow SB in the 1000gal.
Looks like I am doing DSB in the fuge then, although the maximum effect wont be there since its not in the tank.

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Heathd;4298847; said:
Looks like I am doing DSB in the fuge then, although the maximum effect wont be there since its not in the tank.
Fuge ones can still go down but if you don't disturb them it should be alright (usualy haha).

I'm half thinking I'll just throw a huge fluidized bed filter in, with a battery air pump for power outages to prevent crashes.

sprayin70

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2006
ga
Marcorocks is a good source. I have ordered rock from them.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
A DSB in a fuge is something I might consider especially with that reef mud stuff. They claim a lot of big things, I would be interested to see if any of it is true. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store