Cheap plants, less nitrate! POTHOS

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
From what I read they die at about 1.008 and release nitrites galore in the process.

This pothos planter is going to the mixed cichlid tank, and I'll put some brackish plants in the tank.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I ended up removing the above tank flower boxes and putting all the pothos roots right in my tanks.

I was just worried about having too much water weight up there in case of a clogged overflow.

Anyhow the pothis is taking off and particularly so on tanks which have a grow lamp.
1556234719434.jpg

I am growing this now in seven of my eight tanks.

20190427_193240.jpg

That's the brackish tank on the left and it cannot grow pothos

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
I've this pothos vine in a vase filled with water that's been neglected for some time.. Never changed the water once only gets topped up once in a while..
Two weeks ago, I decided to put this vine in my fish tank (trying to save the pothos so to speak)
The vine itself is leggy with 12 pale leaves..
When I pulled the roots out, it smelled horrible probably due to roots rotting.. And on the roots there's these tiny seedlike growth falling off..
If I remember correctly, pothos don't produce seeds? So the next thing I did was rinse the whole pothos thoroughly under running tap water..
Since then I've placed the roots in my tank and have new roots sprouting, even the aerial roots get some new growth.. but I've yet to see new leaves pop out..
My main question is, does anyone know what those seedlike growth on the roots are? They are kinda hard in texture..
Sorry no pictures as I forgot to take them :duh:

Bubbachuck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hi,

Anybody has pothos on their overhead trickle filter? Just like to get idea how you put it with the wool.

phelps

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2023
I don't know if this should be asked in this thread, but I don't want to create a separate discussion about it. Tell me guys, has anyone tried microgreens as plants in an aquarium?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store