Check out my new red tail!-)

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Was at a big chain store today and decided to save a rtbs from their evil clutches lol...
Love the look of these and my smaller 100g tank is a good place for him or her, let's see if I can get him nice and chunky.
Picked the dominant fish, had a ripped fin but due to attacking everyone I think, I watched them for 5 min and he was the boldest and when the net went in he didn't seem scared like 90% of the tank did...

DSC_0473.JPG

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Wow mate its been years since I've owned a RTS , hope he lasts and gets big for you in the 100g , what's he housed with ?
I think the last shark I owned was a black they get huge and smash up tankmates

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
He is with the random bloodparrot hybrid, vieja heterospilus, 6 giant danio, 6 Cory, l001 plec, 2 spotted pictus and the grow out umbee.
Someone tried to swap me a 2ft black shark the other day, they are cool but not for the added bio load!-)
I've been eyeing up a proper red tail for a few months, something special about them when I was a kid, glad to have one again! Think I'm enjoying my little monster tank as much as the 300 lately, very easy to over look some pretty cool common fish once you get on here.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Before I saw the smile thought it was a RTC, any way nice Redtail Shark.:) I don't think they get as large as the Black Shark.

Reactions: justarn

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Nah, 6 inch is a big one from what I've read, can be just as nasty though. That was my plan, must have thought I've gone nuts and made another stupid impulse buy haha...

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
He is with the random bloodparrot hybrid, vieja heterospilus, 6 giant danio, 6 Cory, l001 plec, 2 spotted pictus and the grow out umbee.
Someone tried to swap me a 2ft black shark the other day, they are cool but not for the added bio load!-)
I've been eyeing up a proper red tail for a few months, something special about them when I was a kid, glad to have one again! Think I'm enjoying my little monster tank as much as the 300 lately, very easy to over look some pretty cool common fish once you get on here.
i love my mini monsters more and more each day hahaha, nice buy mate

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
He is about 45mm, I like to start these threads then I can track the growth!-)

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Given space I don't think they are overly aggressive. Mine is pushing five inches in a large peaceful community tank and very rarely displays any anti social behavior. Even then it is a quick chase of the Odessa barbs and then back to grazing within seconds

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I must admit mate I did used to love my little community setups as a kid , i used to fall asleep In front of the mini world i created fully planted and fully stocked no issues , these days the fish do the tank scape them selves :D having monsters is so limited with scape and stock (but like yourself mate i couldn't live without them lol )

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store