Check/rate my new setup!

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
I just finished my new tank setup. I found some wood and got some plants and more rocks. I think it looks pretty good. Rate on a 1-10!

Sent from my EVO using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1379370618346.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1379370634390.jpg

Jay88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2010
Australia
Id give it a 8/10. Needs a bit more color

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Over-all, 6.5:10.
Potential improvements for me;
Enclose the stand, make it look a little more 'finished'.
Replace the light coloured gravel with something darker or more natural looking sand.
Some more fish, a school of dithers perhaps?
Not really a fan of the plastic plants, but they don't look bad.

Good points;
That wood is boss!! You did well fitting it in the tank.
The placement of the big rocks looks nice and natural.
It isn't over-stocked!

With a few tweaks and some pics taken at night without the reflection from the windows it would be a stunner, 9/10 easy.

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
Thanks, I intend to find a different substrate. Not a fan of sand becauae my cichlids kickit up. Andthe plants are real. I bought them earlier today.I want to get some java moss soon and atatch it to the top of the drift wood to give it a tree kindle effect.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I like it, going 7. The stand definitely needs doors. Like the gravel but glad I don't have to clean it. Is that a sandwich reflection in the first pic?

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
My gravel is actually pretty easy to clean. I gravel vac with a 25 foot python hooked to my outdoor spiggot. It has high water pressure so I get a powerful siphon. I can vaccuum all the crap and dirt from under the gravel in the time it takes for my water level to get to the halfway point then I just plug the siphon and it fills my tank back up. Total it only takes 15-20 minutes. And yes that would be my turkey sandwich I had for lunch. Ill get better pics tonight!

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
Oh and another cool thing, the big pile of rocks justto the left of center actually are stacked in a way that they make a solid cave. The entrance is just big enough for my convicts to fit in. That's where they spawn like rabbits. haha I think they're going on their third time untie past month. I cleared out all the gravel before building the cave so I can look through the bottom of the tank and see the eggs and stuff. Its super cool.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store