Cheepest big aquarium

bananabomb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2019
What is the biggest tank that I can get with a hood, light and lid for under 600 dollars

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
You could diy a hood I’d say.
For a lid you could wait until petco has their dollar per gallon sale and get a tank that matches the dimensions of your tank to use as a lid, all you have to do is cut it apart. If none of the tanks match the dimensions you could get the closest one and get someone to cut it for you.
For lighting, if you aren’t raising plants then I’d go to walmart and take a look in their hardware department. They should have a 2 foot light that can connect with others for $10 each. Maybe it was 20 each.
If you also want a cheap but strong stand and looks aren’t that important to you then I’d get some cinder blocks and a piece of plywood to go over the blocks.
As for the tank, craigslist, let go, and the marketplace here is a good place to find large tanks. You’re likely to get a decent deal here since you’re one of “us”. On the other hand craigslist people typically just want the tank gone so you could haggle with them.

Also always be watching, there can be sales that only last a few days and you’d never hear about them unless you were watching. If I remember correctly petsmart about 2/3 years ago had a flash sale where you could get a 300 gallon shipped for around $1,800/$2,000.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

pescado209

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2017
look around used.. got my 210 fo $300 and my 150g for $150.

hard to find big tanks in my area but when they come they are reasonably priced . sure beats $1500 sticker price for a new 210g .

Reactions: Jexnell

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Might want to look at Craigslist, OfferUp, Letgo and the such. I got my 125 tank, stand, lights, lids for $400 brand new never used.
Yep,not sure of op's location but look around for good deals on a big used set up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store