Cherry or ghost shrimp

bobblehead27

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2010
Tampa Area
From what I hear, cherry shrimp are significantly easier. Ghosts supposedly need salt to breed if I remember right. Cherries just need a male and female

FLA

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2017
Cherries are much easier. Ghost go through a pelagic larval stage that is a pain in the neck. Cherries drop fully developed shrimplets that are easy to grow. Neither seem easy enough to me to get the numbers you would need to feed as a primary food. If I was going to try I would set up a wading pool with a big ball of java moss in the middle. Drill a bulkhead in the pool so you can drain it easily to do water changes and have a sponge filter running. Let the moss go crazy.

Railway City Tanks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2017
Yes it wouldn't be primary until they are prolific. My thought was to do a couple Rubbermaid ponds full of them with plants and just feeding and checking on them.

I currently have 220 cherries
And about 30 ghosts

All are moulting.

I have 5 ghosts juggling eggs currently

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
whats easier. Trying to breed to feed cichlids and eels.
COnvict cichlids are prolific breeders..............A pair can easily lay two spawns every month...........The fish can easily be bred in 10g tanks.............Setup 3 tanks with a pair in each one.............Doing the three tank setup ensures a steady flow of fry anytime............

Reactions: Railway City Tanks
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store