Chinese-English translation of food ingredients

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Would appreciate the help of any members who can read/translate the ingredient list in Chinese on this Sianlon Arowana food:

Maybe G Galantspeedz ?

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Would appreciate the help of any members who can read/translate the ingredient list in Chinese on this Sianlon Arowana food:

View attachment 1369282

View attachment 1369283

Maybe G Galantspeedz ?
This bottle mainly shows 3 main ingredients

First ingredient 白鱼粉 loosely translated is white fish powder.
2nd ingredient is high quality krill powder
3rd ingredient is vitamin group

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
This bottle mainly shows 3 main ingredients

First ingredient 白鱼粉 loosely translated is white fish powder.
2nd ingredient is high quality krill powder
3rd ingredient is vitamin group
Thanks a lot Galantspeedz in fact that correlates with what I found when I remembered my S9's camera + Bixby can translate foreign language text by tying in with Google Translate:

Here's a couple more Bixby-Google translation shots from other parts of the canister -- albeit partially butchered by Google, it's really not easy to translate from Chinese to English, let alone for still developing AI:

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
What the hell is fish powder !
As per my post above it's a translation difference -- again translating from Chinese to English is very challenging due to the complexity of Chinese characters, their usage and various nuances. So basically we're talking about the same or similar kind of fish or krill meal used in just about any other fish food on the planet.

Just for some background about this food and Sianlon: I pretty much started using it because when I bought my Purple-Blue Base Xback, "she" was already pellet trained on this, as she's from Sianlon's Malaysian farm, and they raise most all their Aros on it from what I understand -- not too many Arowana go onto the market already pellet trained, so they must be doing something right.

In fact Sianlon is one of Malaysia's first and oldest Arowana breeding farms, a family-run business handed down through a couple of generations, it's been around since the 1970's and they've bred, raised and sold thousands of very high quality Asian Arowana over the years. While I'm not claiming their Arowana food is Poseidon's gift to the fish world, I would wager they know way more about properly breeding, and feeding Arowana than the peeps at Hikari, Omega One, NLS, Sera & Northfin do -- and unlike the last one on this list, I'd bet Sianlon doesn't contain Ethoxyquin (unless they've changed their formula since the last debacle).

Unfortunately, just like OF (Ocean Free) and their AR-G2 Arowana food, coming from Asia Sianlon simply isn't going to be completely open about their 'secret' ingredients/formulas, hence the limited description compared to what we are used to in the West.

The PB Base likes Hikari Foodsticks (and AR-G2), but has always preferred Sianlon Red. My Goldenhead used to prefer HFS but over the last month or so seems to be eating the Sianlon Gold more eagerly. Of course given how whimsical these fish can be, this could change anytime lol. For now they both seem to be growing well and beautifully, if admittedly a bit fat, but that's due to my feeding too much, which I'm cutting back on now.

Last edited:

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Not an ingredients list but gives the general breakdown of protein, ash, fat, etc. Hope that helps.
Thx a lot for posting that Benjamin, I didn't see that during any online searches. I had already figured that that 50% was for Protein, which is arguably high, and the fat could be less but as per above it's not the only pellets I'm feeding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store