Chinese-English translation of food ingredients

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Executive summary for your Bixby translation

Food contains some natural immune thingy that strengthen the liver and improve digestive system as well as increasing the size of the fish and make it more resistant to illness

It also provides a all round balanced diet and increases the colour of the fish

In short= super food

Lol

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
Thx a lot for posting that Benjamin, I didn't see that during any online searches. I had already figured that that 50% was for Protein, which is arguably high, and the fat could be less but as per above it's not the only pellets I'm feeding.
No problem. Yeah I searched with the pinyin transliteration “Xianlong” I found associated with Sianlon and it came up. Sometimes you get lucky!

That is a wicked photo/translator app you have. Can’t find it for the iPhone as it seems to be developed by Samsung.

Reactions: islandguy11

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Food contains some natural immune thingy that strengthen the liver and improve digestive system as well as increasing the size of the fish and make it more resistant to illness
Probably yeast.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Did some googling and seems to point towards yeast... natural yeast if there is such thing

Reactions: RD.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Executive summary for your Bixby translation

It also provides a all round balanced diet and increases the colour of the fish

In short= super food

Lol
Pretty much the same claims as 90% of fish food makers claim lol, what's the difference pray tell? In any case I'd bet this 'super food' is still heaps better than the hotdogs you think it's ok to feed fish, as you suggest in the Big Rich Ohio Rescue lol ;)

• Haha
Reactions: RD.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
No problem. Yeah I searched with the pinyin transliteration “Xianlong” I found associated with Sianlon and it came up. Sometimes you get lucky!

That is a wicked photo/translator app you have. Can’t find it for the iPhone as it seems to be developed by Samsung.
Yeah actually Xian Long was founded by one of 2 brothers who took over Sianlon from their father. Then some time ago one split off and established Xian Long but apparently they still work together at least in some ways.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Did some googling and seems to point towards yeast... natural yeast if there is such thing
Sorry but not quite right again buddy -- in this case we again face a translation issue: the "polysacharrides' and "Immunity thingy" are actually referring to Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides (GLP). GLP has long been used in traditional Chinese medicine, and is known for its anti-cancer and immunity boosting properties. I think it is derived primarily from certain mushrooms.

If you do a bit more googling you will find many studies, most all of which demonstrate the effectiveness of GLP (though many are in relation to humans and also regarding the tumor fighting ability of GLP's).

But here's one published in the International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies 2016 that relates to GLP and Grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella):

In case you don't want to read the whole thing here were there findings:
"In conclusion, the present study indicates that supplementation of 1.0 g kg-1 Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides in Ctenopharyngodon idella diets enhanced the survival and growth performance."

Again plenty more online studies supporting similar, so I'm thinking that while I doubt it's a 'super food', maybe Sianlon Arowana food ain't half bad bro -- leastways no worse than OF AR-G2, which makes some pretty hefty similar claims:

OF® AR-G2 Intense Colour is a premium Arowana carnivorous pelleted feed that excels in all grow-out conditions and enhanced with our proprietary color enhancing, body shaping and fin elongation with OF® OptiAR-X protein linker.

FEATURES

• Enriched with OF® OptiAR-X, a metabolic enhancer that enhances Food Conversion Rate (FCR), increases the palatability, boost growth- fin elongation and body shaping.
  • Fortifies immune system, OF® AR-G2 is bio-formulated to fortify the Arowana’s immune system for better health and extra resistance against parasitic sickness, thus reducing mortality.
  • Enhances growth through superior digestive performance during high levels of feeding.
  • No artificial chemical coloring / enhancer added. Made from natural organic sources.
  • Superior color enhancement that intensifies your beloved Arowana’s color pigments.
  • Pure animal protein feed that is easily metabolized by the Arowana carnivorous digestive system.

Last edited:

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Sorry but not quite right again buddy -- in this case we again face a translation issue: the "polysacharrides' and "Immunity thingy" are actually referring to Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides (GLP). GLP has long been used in traditional Chinese medicine, and is known for its anti-cancer and immunity boosting properties. I think it is derived primarily from certain mushrooms.

If you do a bit more googling you will find many studies, most all of which demonstrate the effectiveness of GLP (though many are in relation to humans and also regarding the tumor fighting ability of GLP's).

But here's one published in the International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies 2016 that relates to GLP and Grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella):

In case you don't want to read the whole thing here were there findings:
"In conclusion, the present study indicates that supplementation of 1.0 g kg-1 Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides in Ctenopharyngodon idella diets enhanced the survival and growth performance."

Again plenty more online studies supporting similar, so I'm thinking that while I doubt it's a 'super food', maybe Sianlon Arowana food ain't half bad bro -- leastways no worse than OF AR-G2, which makes some pretty hefty similar claims:

OF® AR-G2 Intense Colour is a premium Arowana carnivorous pelleted feed that excels in all grow-out conditions and enhanced with our proprietary color enhancing, body shaping and fin elongation with OF® OptiAR-X protein linker.

FEATURES

• Enriched with OF® OptiAR-X, a metabolic enhancer that enhances Food Conversion Rate (FCR), increases the palatability, boost growth- fin elongation and body shaping.
  • Fortifies immune system, OF® AR-G2 is bio-formulated to fortify the Arowana’s immune system for better health and extra resistance against parasitic sickness, thus reducing mortality.
  • Enhances growth through superior digestive performance during high levels of feeding.
  • No artificial chemical coloring / enhancer added. Made from natural organic sources.
  • Superior color enhancement that intensifies your beloved Arowana’s color pigments.
  • Pure animal protein feed that is easily metabolized by the Arowana carnivorous digestive system.
I went through the GLP study. Just wondering have you used this food for other fish besides arowana?

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I went through the GLP study. Just wondering have you used this food for other fish besides arowana?
Nope, only the Aros. After learning more myself about the benefits of GLP I'm tempted to feed some of the Sianlon to my Kamfa Flowerhorn, who has what I suspect is a tumor in his cheek/near an eye, but am reluctant to do so given the high protein content which is not suitable for FH. Might feed him a little bit now and then though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store