Chinese fish super market

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Just found this amazing video on fish market in you tube. He has more videos on the same subject. Just wonder which city he visited.

Yeah cool video; I think he mentioned it was a "smaller" city of about 7,000,000 lol. I have to say Chinese aqua markets look quite a bit nicer and certainly cleaner/better organized than Thailand's famous Chatuchak Market. Also it's hard to find nicer or hi-tech tanks here like he was showing.

Reactions: tlindsey

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
There are many cities in China that have 7 million people. I like those double decker fish tanks where the sump is turned into a planted aquarium. It’s aquaponic for ornamental plants and fish and wish to see them in US.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
My guess is guangzhou, the exterior looks familiar. Those big shops are selling tanks. The smaller shops that sell fish are not as clean....

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Yup, that is the Guangzhou fish / bird / plant market...

Sadly its actually going to be closing down soon, i think the plant and bird sections are gone already, just the fish section left to go...

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I wish that he would have stated the prices in US dollars I find it interesting to compare the different prices in different markets around the world.

Sadly its actually going to be closing down soon, i think the plant and bird sections are gone already, just the fish section left to go...
Any idea why it is closing down?

Reactions: twentyleagues

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I wish that he would have stated the prices in US dollars I find it interesting to compare the different prices in different markets around the world.

Any idea why it is closing down?
Cant remember exactly, but i think it was to do with redeveloping the area, since it was situated on a huge block of land...

And for pricing, divide what you see by 6.87 to get rough US value...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yep,me too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store