chopping hakari food sticks?

Ohnoitstfloyd

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2018
Jacksonville, Florida
Hi all- I got a new Arowana after my noodle jumped to his death.
New arowana, (Sarah Pickle Lemon. don't ask questions, I don't have answers. Too far gone to change it now)
But anyway, she's PERFECT. Eating as soon as I got her home, Greets me at the glass when I come home etc. Very happy little fishy. (she came from a different supplier than Noodle did. The difference is obvious)

How ever. Sarah Pickle Lemon is little. Very little. Im feeding her hakari food sticks, but I'm uncomfortable feeding them to her whole, and absolutely refuse to do so. I've been cutting them in half with a knife, but this fish is definitely healthy and proves it with her food intake. I will chop them by hand if I have to. But if anybody has any better options, I'd love to hear them. I tried the magic bullet on chop mode. Mostly just turned it to dust. Tried ziplock bag and a hammer. (?!) Did the same thing. Dust. (DUH)
So i'm looking for more options. Got any?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Skynet159

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2018
Hi all- I got a new Arowana after my noodle jumped to his death.
New arowana, (Sarah Pickle Lemon. don't ask questions, I don't have answers. Too far gone to change it now)
But anyway, she's PERFECT. Eating as soon as I got her home, Greets me at the glass when I come home etc. Very happy little fishy. (she came from a different supplier than Noodle did. The difference is obvious)

How ever. Sarah Pickle Lemon is little. Very little. Im feeding her hakari food sticks, but I'm uncomfortable feeding them to her whole, and absolutely refuse to do so. I've been cutting them in half with a knife, but this fish is definitely healthy and proves it with her food intake. I will chop them by hand if I have to. But if anybody has any better options, I'd love to hear them. I tried the magic bullet on chop mode. Mostly just turned it to dust. Tried ziplock bag and a hammer. (?!) Did the same thing. Dust. (DUH)
So i'm looking for more options. Got any?
I have no idea how big is your silver now, but I'll try to share my experience.

So when I just got my Asian red, I think it came to me at about 5 inches. so the first thing I did was to only feed it hikari floating sticks.
Took a few days but it eventually starting eating the sticks, I must say that everyone that say arowanas will eat anything that fit in their mouths is true. Problem that this little piece of manure have a arowana mouth, and a tiny throat, so it keep chewing and spitting the sticks out a few times before losing interest.

So I ended up breaking the food sticks into thirds using my fingernails as a sharp breaking point of sorts.

Then I went and made my own mix of food so now I have a big bag of hikari sticks I don't know what to use it for. Lol

Btw my arowana definitely ate more of the home mix than the food sticks, even after I went to the trouble of marinating and softening it with prawn everyday. it would eat about 1.5 stick worth and just start spitting it out for some reason unknown to me except maybe for being a picky eater.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store